I call this my Google 5. It’s one of the core plans to put into place now to prepare your business for 2021. It’s what I’m making sure the companies that I consult are working on asap. I’ve broken it down for you here so you can save it and put it into play as well.
When you search for the most visited websites in the world you find that Google and YouTube are number 1 and 2, respectively.
Google has 92.5 billion monthly Visitors and YouTube has 34.6 billion monthly visitors and that’s a lot of visits. When you break down what other companies are doing to grow their business they are investing a lot of time and money into the google machine and I want to break it down for you so you know where you should be starting as well. There are other amazing things you can do when it comes to google, but here are the 5 core things you should be focused on.
- Google Reviews. You’ve got to make it easy for people to find you on Google and the easiest thing you can do for this is start a business page. It’s called Google My Business. Here you can post offers, events, and respond to reviews. People can also find your business and call you directly or check out your websites. It’s a starting point and you need to work on this so it looks amazing when people google your business.
- Google LSA - Local Service Ads have been around for awhile now and I brought this up about 2 years ago. Google recently upped their game and opened up LSA to more businesses. By investing some money into google you can show up at the top section of any search when people specifically search for your business type. Just make sure that you work on your reviews for Local Service Ads because it matters! The quality of the business you get from this section is amazing because the intent of people calling you is also high. Put this at the top of your list.
- Google PPC - Pay Per Click has been around for over 20 years. It came out around the year 2000 and it has dominated since then. Although you may hear talk about Facebook and Instagram ads, Google PPC still owns the market for ads. If you want to quickly break into any market you start with PPC and you will immediately see business come in. The key is finding a company that can help you create a strong campaign for Google Ad Words. If you don’t currently have a plan you need to put this on your road map.
- Google SEO - Search Engine Optimization comes in different forms, but the one that doesn’t fail is when you create local content. Whether it’s in Video Format using YouTube or written content. If you are new to SEO I would suggest you start writing about your community and tying it to a blog that has your brand tied to it. For example if you’re in Real Estate I highly recommend that you create local content to specific areas where your business is and make sure you upload that content into a website that has a home search so people get local information and also make the connection that you are in real estate. The key to this is to stay consistent over a very long period of time. If you write 1 piece a week that’s 52 pieces of content a year! The key is to get started on this and when you do it in a niche area you will see big results over the years.
- YouTube - You’ve heard of YouTube, but to many businesses I talk to YouTube is still a mystery. What you must remember about YouTube is that any time a video pops up on Google it usually is a YouTube Video. You have to include YouTube into your business plan for 2022! The consumption of Video is the future of Social Media. Not only is YouTube the place most people go to when they want a tutorial they now expanded to short form videos called Shorts! Your plan for YouTube has to include consistent content along your niche for your business and you must also put some money behind it. You can do it on your own by watching some great videos on YouTube AdSense or you can always hire a company to do it for you. I’ve tried both and the busier I’ve gotten the more I have delegated this out. I still shoot the videos and I have my teams edit and promote them through YouTube.
That’s my Google 5! The business world is always changing and as things speed up I will always share what I’m doing in my businesses with you so you can have insights. I hope you have an amazing 4th of July weekend and feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Thanks for reading A Brilliant Tribe.