Let’s jump into the mind of a billionaire. This next guest, Jim McKelvey, and his business partner, Jack Dorsey from Twitter, built the digital payment company, Square, in 2009. You may have swiped your card using a Square reader so you are familiar with their brand. Jim talks about the reader, how it came about, raising his kids, glassblowing, and more. Take a listen as we go into his recent book, The Innovation Stack, and into other matters pertaining to his life.
“If the timing is right, then you’re probably too late.” - Jim McKelvey
Here are the things you will hear in this podcast:
- Jim’s first job and hobby–glassblowing!
- Jim’s experience with Lino Tagliapietra, the world renowned glass artists, and the lessons he learned from the master
- The importance of timing when building a business and contributing to innovation
- How the perfect timing was key in building Square
- His experience with the first publisher that he chose to publish his book–and failed
- How The Innovation Stack transformed from being a lightbulb moment to the bestseller book it is today
- How to know when to stop building and innovating your idea
- Why innovation can sometimes break the norm
- The origin of the word “entrepreneur”
- The takeaways you can get from his book
…and so much more!
I have learned so much about innovating innovation. It really does start from learning. Here’s how you may start grasping the concept of innovation yourself! Take a listen to this podcast as soon as you can and start innovating!
Order The Innovation Stack here
Connect with Jim McKelvey on Instagram